Forex Trading Academy
A proper Trading Academy should start from scratch, showing potential traders everything there is to know about trading the Forex market. The subject is such a vast one, and there are so many things to consider, that a proper trading education should never stop. Because of the ever-changing nature of the currency markets, no day is like any other. This makes the learning process a continuing one, and even traders with years and years of experience are still adapting to different market conditions.
Forex trading considers both fundamental and technical factors, and, depending on the time horizon on which a trade is taken, there are different categories of traders. Very short-term oriented traders acting/reactto different things than medium and long-term oriented ones do. No matter what the trading style, though, the day-to-day approach to market moves should be the same, as at the end of the day, the purpose is to reach profitability in the long run.
Trading in general should be done with one purpose only: to allow the trading account to grow. This is easier said than done, but it is very much true. A trading account should grow if one can admit that this cannot happen overnight. In principle it can, of course, as the Forex market is renowned for making aggressive moves that can double or triple an account in a blink of an eye.
However, if this does happen, you should look on it as being merely the result of various conditions/factors going in the right direction; and most of the time it is random. It means that in the long run, chances of depleting the account grow exponentially. This makes growing a trading account an ongoing process, filled with winners and losers. Trades cannot be winning ones 100% of the time, and the sooner a trader understands and accepts this, the better.
Human nature is the main reason for this. In the last few decades, humans are following robots, as trading is mostly governed by algorithms or computer programs designed to buy or sell based on different factors. But at the end of the day these programs are programmed by humans too, so we’re back at the classical chicken and egg problem. The idea behind trading is to constantly keep an open eye on what might go wrong, and to have a proactive attitude.
Again, losses are part of the game. What matters most is to have more winners than losers, or for the winners to dominate. Who cares if you have five losses in a row if the fifth trade covers the whole drawdown plus some more? The account grew in the end, and this is all that counts.
The aim of this trading academy is to deal with Forex trading concepts from scratch, and to move into more and more detail. Look at it as the way the standard evolution of a Forex trader should be. If you think you already know most of the stuff that is aimed at beginners, think again. There is always value to be found in unexpected places, and most of the time simple things work best.
Keeping an open mind is key in life in general, and in trading as well. The articles dedicated to this Trading Academy will be grouped into four different categories:
- Rookie – This describes the wannabe trader, the one who knows nothing about Forex trading. It will deal with very basic concepts, starting with the Forex broker and ending up with setting up a trading account, the basics of trading, etc.
- Beginner – By this time, a trader should already have chosen a broker, and a demo trading account should be active. It is at this stage that the trader is looking for a trading style that fits his/her own personality, as well as considering all the basic technical and fundamental factors.
- Advanced – The information in this category addresses traders who are already active with a live account, but for whatever reason are still struggling with their trading. The articles here will deal with in-depth trading theories and concepts designed to offer a new approach to technical analysis. Fundamental analysis is covered, as well as money-management concepts.
- Trading for a living – This is the ultimate trading goal, and it represents the incentive for many Forex traders. Traders in this category already make their ends meet from Forex trading but are always striving to learn something new. New concepts in trading, as well as a detailed explanation of how to execute trades, are presented here, in a series of articles that are designed to add to the trading knowledge of an already successful trader.
What follows is a detailed list of contents for the overall project, with a short description of what each article is going to cover. The emphasis of this Trading Academy project is on quantity and quality, about trading in theory and in practice.
- Forex Trading – Explaining the Concept
– What is forex trading? Generalities about trading the currency market.
- Why Trade Forex?
– Advantages and disadvantages of trading the currency market; what are trader’s expectations? and what is a realistic approach to follow?
- What is a Forex Broker? and Types of Brokerage houses
– Explaining what a Forex broker is and does, how the business should be organised, and how many types of Forex brokers there are.
- Financial Products to Trade
– Different categories of financial products that a Forex Broker offers to retail clients, starting with the classical currency pairs, and continuing with commodities, CFDs, indexes, etc.
- Forex Trading Sessions and Their Importance
– Explaining the differences between the three Forex trading sessions, their importance, ranking, etc.
- Forex Brokers Types – ECN or STP?
– What is ECN, STP? How brokers deal with clients’ orders; Advantages, and disadvantages of the two types.
- What Makes a Good Forex Broker?
– Things to consider when deciding what broker to trade with. What are the factors with most weight in the decision-making process?
- Why Trade with a Regulated Forex Broker?
– What is regulation for a brokerage house? Why it is important? Things to look for, how to check if the broker is telling the truth, etc.
- Benefits of Mobile Forex Trading
– Pros and cons of mobile trading, highlighting the net benefits of it.
- Explaining Commissions in Forex Trading
– What type of Forex trading accounts are subject to paying commissions, what does it meas, and is it a good or a bad thing?
- Opening a Live Trading Account
– Steps to open a live trading account with a Forex broker: the time taken for the whole process, documentation to be sent, verification process, trading platforms to download, etc.
- The Importance of the US Dollar
– Explaining why the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency is playing a central role in the way the Forex market is organised and structured.
- Types of Currency Pairs
– Making a clear distinction between different currency pairs, explaining what are majors and crosses, why they are different, and how they should be traded with a different approach in mind.
- Forex vs CFD
– Highlighting the differences between a currency pair, which defines the Forex market, and a CFD (Contract for Difference).
- Forex vs Binary Options
– Highlighting the differences between the Forex and the binary options markets, and why they should be interpreted as separate entities.
- Forex vs the Stock Market
– Highlighting the differences between the Forex and the stock markets; why they should be interpreted as separate entities; and the factors to consider in both cases.
- Types of Trading Accounts
– Describing the different types of trading account Forex brokers can offer, and how one can tell what kind of a broker one is dealing with based on the type of trading accounts offered.
- Trading Forex in Overseas Accounts – Pros and Cons
– Advantages and disadvantages of trading Forex in overseas accounts, starting with regulation and ending up with taxes that need to be paid.
- Trading Platforms to Trade Forex – Introducing MetaTrader
– Discussing MetaTrader, the most popular trading platform in the world; why traders favour it; but also other trading platforms one may use.
- Reasons Why Traders Use MetaTrader
– Advantages of using the MetaTrader shortcuts when using it, showing all its capabilities, etc.
- MetaTrader 4 vs MetaTrader 5
– Differences between MetaTrader 4; why traders prefer MetaTrader 4; and the incentives of using the MetaTrader 5 platform.
- How to Set Up a Trading Chart in MetaTrader 4
– Steps to follow to properly set up a chart on the MetaTrader 4 trading platform.
- What is Leverage?
– Explaining leverage: what it is, and why it is important in Forex trading.
- Explaining a Trading Account
– Looking at all the things to know in a trading account, covering concepts such as margin, equity and balance, etc.
- How to Make a Profit from Forex Trading
– Showing when a profit is being realised on the Forex market.
- Pips and Spreads
– What pips are, why are they important, and how to interpret different spreads on different currency pairs.
- What are “Lots” in Forex Trading
– Explaining the concept of a lot in Forex trading, and from that moving to micro-lots, different trading accounts, and brokers’ limitations.
- Volume and Slippage – Value of a Pip and Execution Types
– Execution is important to every Forex trade, and this article deals with the difficulties in trading big volumes with little or no slippage.
- Basic Trading Styles – At Market or with Pending Orders
– Showing the possibilities a trader has, explaining the advantages and disadvantages of trading at the market, or with pending orders.
- Pending Orders Explained
– Different types of pending orders; how to set them; where to find them on the MetaTrader platform; and much more.
- Forex Market Participants
– Who is participating in the Forex market; its structure and componence; and implications of different groups.
- Trading on a Demo Account
– Explaining why trading on a demo account before going on a live one is mandatory for any serious trader.
- Types of Forex Charts
– How many types of Forex charts exist; how to interpret them; advantages and disadvantages of each type, etc.
- Basics of Technical Analysis
– What technical analysis is, why it is important, and why traders are using it. Advantages over fundamental analysis are also highlighted.
- Basics of Fundamental Analysis
– What fundamental analysis is; where to look for information that makes the market move; and advantages and disadvantages of trading based on fundamentals.
- Trend Indicators
– Explaining what trading indicators are; where to find them; and their benefits when trading the Forex market based on technical analysis.
– Discussing what oscillators are; the differences between an oscillator and a trend indicator; and the most representative indicators that fit into this category.
- Central Banks
– The role of a central bank in Forex trading; why the market moves aggressively when monetary policy is set; and what information to look for when the central bank decides on its policy.
- Technical Analysis – Support and Resistance Areas
– Defining what support and resistance areas are; how to find them using technical analysis; and why traders are looking to buy into support and sell into resistance.
- Technical Analysis – Pivot Points
– What pivot points are; how traders are using them; how to calculate them, etc. Showing the difference between different support and resistance levels based on the pivot points used.
- Technical Analysis – Trend Lines
– Defining what a trend line is; how to build one; and the minimum conditions to be met for a line to define a trend. Why are trend lines important to technical traders?
- Technical Analysis – What is a Candlestick?
– Explaining the parts of a candlestick; the significance; and the minimum things to consider for each one of them. Different types of candlesticks explained as well.
- Technical Analysis – Head and Shoulders
– Treating head and shoulders as one of the most popular reversal patterns. Also explaining why a head and shoulders pattern resembles a triangle, and the elements that make such a pattern.
- Technical Analysis – Bullish and Bearish Flags
– Explaining the bullish and bearish flags concepts as continuation patterns. Advantages and disadvantages of trading with such patterns.
- Technical Analysis – Wedges
– Explanation of rising and falling wedges; how to interpret them; and more importantly, how to trade such patterns. A warning about the fact that they are not always reversal patterns!
- Technical Analysis – Pennants
– Description of a pennant; why it forms only on bullish trends; and how to trade it.
- Technical Analysis – Ascending and Descending Triangles
– Defining ascending and descending triangles from a continuation pattern, both as individual patterns and also as part of complex corrections within the Elliott Waves theory.
- Technical Analysis – Fibonacci Retracement Levels
– Describing the Fibonacci Retracement tool and the levels to use, in the order of their importance.
- Technical Analysis – Double and Triple Tops
– What are double and triple tops? Tips and tricks to trade these reversal patterns on the Forex market.
- Technical Analysis – Divergences in Trading
– Explaining what a divergence is, and why it is beneficial for traders to look for confirmation before taking a trade. Also, discussing what are the best oscillators to use for finding the perfect divergence.
- Technical Analysis – Basic Candlestick Patterns
– Candlestick patterns within the Japanese candlestick techniques. A short description of the most representative ones.
- Technical Analysis – Golden and Death Crosses
– Using moving averages to define a bullish and a bearish trend. Golden and death crosses as psychological factors in real trend reversals.
- Technical Analysis – The Most Important Trend Indicators
– What are the most relevant trend indicators? and why it is best to use trend indicators to buy dips in a bullish trend or sell spikes in a bearish trend?
- Technical Analysis – The Most Important Oscillators
– Outlining the most relevant oscillators, and how to interpret them when trading the currency market.
- Technical Analysis – Other Technical Indicators to Consider
– Listing other indicators that offer information, such as overbought or oversold levels, where to find them, how to use them, etc.
- Fundamental Analysis – Economic News that Influences Markets
– The importance of understanding the economic calendar, splitting the info into three different categories based on how likely it is for the market to move when the outcome is different from the forecasted value.
- Fundamental Analysis – Central Banks Mandates
– The role of a central bank; the purpose of monitoring monetary policy; and what the targets are.
- Fundamental Analysis – CPI and its Importance in Forex Trading
– Explaining inflation and why it matters for Forex trading. Also covering the central bank’s reaction to higher or lower inflation levels.
- Fundamental Analysis – NFP – What is it and How to Trade it
– Why the NFP is one of the most important economic releases for the Forex market. Explaining why volatility increases on all currency pairs when the jobs data in the United States is released.
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the U Economic Data – Part 1
– Covering all the data that matters from the United States – first part
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the US Economic Data – Part 2
– Covering all the data that matters from the United States – second part
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the US Economic Data – Part 3
– Covering all the data that matters from the United States – third part
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the Eurozone Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the Euro pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the United Kingdom Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the GBP pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the Canadian Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the CAD pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the Australian Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the AUD pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the Japanese Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the JPY pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the Swiss Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the CHF pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the New Zealand Economic Data
– Covering the economic data that matters for the NZD pairs
- Fundamental Analysis – FOMC Componence and its Role
– The role of the Federal Open Market Committee, and why Forex traders care
- Fundamental Analysis – ECB’s Governing Council Meetings
– Explaining the importance of the ECB meetings, and why volatility of Euro pairs is increasing
- Fundamental Analysis – Explaining the Forward Guiding Principle
– A definition of the forward guiding principle, with its advantages and disadvantages
- Fundamental Analysis – Emerging Markets and the U.S. Dollar
– The effects the US dollar has on the emerging markets; what emerging markets are; and why this is important for Forex trading.
- Fundamental Analysis – What Monetary Policy is, and How to Interpret it
– Explaining what monetary policy is; why it matters for an economy and for a currency pair; and how to correctly interpret it.
- The Importance of Having a Trading Plan
– Trading without having a plan in mind is something that should be avoided at all costs. This article shows the importance of having a trading plan, and why this is mandatory when looking for long-term success.
- How to Import a Custom Indicator to the MetaTrader Platform
– Explaining what a custom indicator is, and showing step by step how to import one onto the MetaTrader platform.
- Multi Timeframes Analysis
– Analysing a currency pair on different timeframes offers a huge competitive advantage for the Forex trader. This article shows how to do that, what to look for, and why this matters.
- Tips and Tricks When Using the MetaTrader Platform
– Shortcuts for the MetaTrader platform are shown here. The idea behind this article is to show tips and tricks that make the life of a Forex trader easier
- Explaining Financial Language
– Describing what expressions must be known by a Forex trader, from basic ones to more complicated stuff.
- Positive and Negative Swaps
– What a swap is; why it is important; and different trading styles that are affected by positive and negative swaps.
- What is Algorithmic Trading?
– High-frequency trading heavily influences the Forex market. This article explains the concept, what it is, and how to deal with it to be profitable as a Forex trader.
- How to Build and Set Up Your Own EA in MetaTrader
– Expert Advisors (EA) are robots that trade without human intervention. This article deals with the advantages and disadvantages of trading with your own EA, how to build it, what to look for, etc.
- Other Fibonacci Trading Tools
– Showing what other Fibonacci trading tools exist, and how to use them when trading Forex.
- Trading Gaps
– Defining gaps; when they form in the Forex market; and their importance and interpretation.
- Explaining Dynamic Support and Resistance Levels
– Why dynamic support and resistance levels are powerful in trading financial markets; and making a comparison with the classical ones.
- Trading with the ADX
– ADX is one of the most popular indicators that is offered by any trading platform. This article shows how to set it up, and how to trade with it.
- Trading with MACD
– Showing different ways to trade with the MACD indicator; advantages and disadvantages of using the MACD; and why it is so popular among Forex traders.
- Trading with Bollinger Bands
– Defining the Bollinger Bands indicator, and showing different ways to trade with it.
- Support and Resistance Given by Confluence Areas
– A definition of confluence areas; how to trade around such areas; and what makes them so special to Forex traders.
- How to Trade a Major
– Tips and tricks on how to trade a major currency pair.
- How to Trade A Cross
– Tips and tricks on how to trade a cross currency pair.
- Trading with Pitchfork
– What is Andrew’s Pitchfork?
- Risk Management in Forex Trading
– Explaining money management and risk management, and how to deal with risk when trading the Forex market.
- Elliott Waves – What is The Elliott Waves Theory?
– A short definition of the Elliott Waves theory; what it is about; and how it can be used in forecasting future prices.
- Elliott Waves – Why Waves Are Important
– Introducing the wave concept; different degrees to interpret; and how Elliott put together the cycles.
- Elliott Waves – Impulsive Waves
– A short definition of impulsive waves; the things to look for when considering an impulsive move; and why it matters for Elliott Waves.
- Elliott Waves – Corrective Waves
– What corrective waves are; how can we tell a corrective move is forming; and why they matter for Elliott Waves.
- Elliott Waves – Types of Impulsive Waves
– Describing the types of impulsive waves under the Elliott Wave principle; what differentiates them; and the conditions to look for.
- Elliott Waves – Types of Corrective Waves
– Describing the types of corrective waves under the Elliott Wave principle; what differentiates them; and the conditions to look for.
- Elliott Waves – The Importance of the X Wave
– What the X wave is; the connective nature of it; and how it bundles different corrective waves.
- Elliott Waves – The Litmus Test
– What is the Litmus test, and why it is vital to defining an impulsive move? Introducing extended waves as well.
- Elliott Waves – Rule of Alternation
– The principle of alternation as described by Elliott. Corrective waves differ based on a multitude of things, and this article deals with everything there is to know about the rule of alternation.
- Elliott Waves – Cycles with Elliott Waves Theory
– An explanation of cycles with Elliott Waves theory, and how to distinguish between different cycles of different degrees.
- Elliott Waves – Types of Flats
– Flats as corrective patterns are of multiple types. This article deals with all the types of flats Elliott discovered, and the rules that help a trader to differentiate among them.
- Elliott Waves – Types of Zigzags
– Listing the different types of zigzags, and how to trade the currency market based on them.
- Elliott Waves – Basic Types of Triangles
– Describing the different types of contracting triangles that Elliott discovered, and how to trade the currency markets with them.
- Elliott Waves – Rule of Equality
– What the rule of equality is; why impulsive waves must respect it; and how to distinguish between an impulsive wave and a corrective one based on this rule.
- Elliott Waves – Overlap Rule
– Overlapping is one key factor that makes labelling possible. Find out the things to consider, and why overlapping must always be considered.
- Elliott Waves – Channelling with Elliott Waves Patterns
– The channelling component has many applications in Elliott Waves trading, as both impulsive and corrective waves must channel and obey a certain set of rules.
- Elliott Waves – Horizontal, Irregular and Running Contracting Triangles
– Describing different types of contracting triangles; the things that make them different; and how to trade them.
- Elliott Waves – The Most Powerful Complex Corrections – Part 1
– Listing and describing the types of complex corrections Elliott discovered, and categorising them based on their complexity and frequency.
- Elliott Waves – The Most Powerful Complex Corrections – Part 2
– The second part of dealing with complex corrections, as the market spends most of the time in such corrective waves. This makes them very common, and understanding the way they form is key for any Elliott Waves trader.
- Elliott Waves – Types of Running Corrections
– Explaining the concept of a running correction, and describing different types of running corrections to watch.
- Elliott Waves – The Importance of the Extended Wave
– Explaining why it is important to know what wave extended, and how to use this information when counting waves.
- Elliott Waves – Where to Start the Count
– Establishing a clear set of rules for counting the waves with Elliott. This makes counting not look as random as many traders think.
- Elliott Waves – What is a Fifth Wave Failure
– Explaining the definition of a fifth wave failure, and the interpretation of such a pattern.
- Elliott Waves – Patterns That Show Loss of Momentum
– Loss of momentum happens before market reversals, which makes this concept extremely important. This article deals with how to apply the momentum concept, and how traders are using it to spot early reversals.
- Elliott Waves – Using the Time Element
– Price and time is the holy grail in trading. This article explains why sometimes the time element is even more important than price, and why Elliott is the one who showed the world how to incorporate it in trading.
- Elliott Waves – Fibonacci Relationships in Impulsive Waves
– Showing the connection between Fibonacci ratios and Elliott Waves theory, and their relationship with impulsive waves.
- Elliott Waves – Fibonacci Relationships in Corrective Waves
– Showing the connection between Fibonacci ratios and Elliott Waves theory, and their relationship with corrective waves.
- Elliott Waves – Spotting the Difference Between Double Failure and a Triangle
– Explaining how to differentiate between two powerful patterns, and how to trade them both.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading EUR/USD
– Describing what matters for the EUR/USD pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks For Trading USD/JPY
– Describing what matters for the USD/JPY pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading USD/CHF
– Describing what matters for the USD/CHF pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading GBP/USD
– Describing what matters for the GBP/USD pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading USD/CAD
– Describing what matters for the USD/CAD pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading AUD/USD
– Describing what matters for the AUD/USD pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading NZD/USD
– Describing what matters for the NZD/USD pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading EUR/GBP
– Describing what matters for the EUR/GBP pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading EUR/JPY
– Describing what matters for the EUR/JPY pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading EUR/AUD
– Describing what matters for the EUR/AUD pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Tips and Tricks for Trading EUR/CHF
– Describing what matters for the EUR/CHF pair from a day-to-day perspective, and discussing tips and tricks to make your life easier when you have an open position.
- Trading with Momentum Indicator
– Explaining what the Momentum indicator is, and how to use it when trading the Forex market.
- Three Ways to Trade with Gartley
– Different ways to trade with Gartley; their advantages and disadvantages; and why Gartley is one of the most popular trading theories.
- What are Harmonic Patterns?
– Defining harmonic patterns, and how to trade the Forex market using them.
- Trading the Apex of a Contracting Triangle
– Explaining the concept of the apex of a contracting triangle, and how to use this information to find places to buy or sell a currency pair.
- Trading the Apex of an Expanding Triangle
– Explaining the concept of the apex of an expanding triangle, and how to use this information to find places to buy or sell a currency pair.
- Where to Find Data That Matters
– Listing sources of information for the Forex market based on their importance.
- Forex Trading Signals – Advantages and Disadvantages
– Pros and cons of trading the Forex market with a Forex trading signal provider; what to look for; and how to benefit from such a signal.
- Forex Robots – Advantages and Disadvantages
– Pros and cons of trading with a Forex robot; advantages and disadvantages of using an expert advisor.
- Fundamental Analysis – Special Events Throughout the Trading Year
– Describing fundamental events, other than regular economic news, that influence trading.
- Fundamental Analysis – Fed Members Speeches
– Explaining why Fed members hold speeches, and why Forex markets even care about them.
- Trading Commodities – What Matters for Oil
– Oil is one of the most important commodities, and Forex traders are interested in what the price of oil is going to do because of its numerous implications for inflation, the way the Canadian dollar moves, etc.
- Trading Commodities – What Matters for Gold
– What makes the gold market move; its potential and limitation; and tips and tricks for trading it.
- Trading Commodities – What Matters for Silver
– What makes the silver market move; its potential and limitation; and tips and tricks for trading it.
- Trading Commodities – The Australia–China Relationship
– Explaining the tight correlation between the Australian and Chinese economies, as one is a main commodity producer while the other one is a commodity consumer.
- Fundamental Analysis – Fed and US Equity Markets
– Discussing the mandate of the Federal Reserve of the United States, and how the Fed’s decisions are influencing the US equity markets.
- Money Management – Hedging
– Defining hedging as a money management technique; and the advantages and disadvantages of this strategy.
- Money Management – Proportional Margin Technique
– As part of any money management, the proportional margin technique keeps the trading account safe. This article explains the method, how to use it, and its limitations, if any.
- Money Management – Proper Risk/Reward Ratios
– Explaining what risk/reward ratios are; the best ratios to use on the Forex market; and why traders need to consider them as part of a proper trading plan.
- Money Management – Avoiding Martingale
– The Martingale system is explained here with its pros and cons, and whether it is wise to use it or not.
- Trading Positive and Negative Divergences
– This article deals with a new way to look at divergences, explaining how to exactly calculate a target derived from positive and negative divergences.
- Rules for Developing a Proper Trading Plan
– Trading the Forex market without a proper trading plan is not possible. This article deals with what needs to be considered for a proper trading plan.
Trading for a Living
- The Magic of Round Numbers Explained
– Dealing with the psychology of round numbers on human nature, and why this plays an important role in trading the Forex market.
- Trading Time
– Price and time play a crucial role for every trader, regardless of the financial product that is being traded. Once more, knowing when the price reaches the target is as important as the actual target.
- Trading Around Fixings
– Explaining the fixings throughout the trading day, week, month and year, and why the Forex market is heavily addicted to these fix times.
- Entry, Exit and Stop Loss with Hammers and Hanging Man
– Concrete steps for trading the hammer and hanging man patterns.
- Entry, Exit and Stop Loss with Morning and Evening Stars
– Concrete steps for trading the morning and evening stars patterns.
- Entry, Exit and Stop Loss with Dark-Cloud Cover and Piercing
– Concrete steps for trading the dark-cloud cover and piercing patterns.
- Entry, Exit and Stop Loss with Bullish and Bearish Engulfing
– Concrete steps for trading the bullish and bearish engulfing patterns.
- Elliott Waves – How to Find the Extended Wave
– Tips and tricks on how to find the extended wave, and ways to use this information for finding high-probability successful trades.
- Elliott Waves – Incorporating Missing Waves in Your Analysis
– Explaining the concept of a missing wave within the Elliott Waves theory, and why this is important for a proper understanding of how Elliott Waves works.
- Elliott Waves – Triangles as Part of Complex Corrections
– Complex corrections explained once again, but this time through the eyes of a contracting triangle at the end.
- Drummond Theory Explained
– Ways to trade with the Drummond Dot for increased profitability.
- Trade Confluence Areas with Fibonacci
– Tips and tricks to find multiple Fibonacci confluence areas for the perfect trading setup.
This Trading Academy totals 166 articles dedicated to Forex trading, and the whole idea is to approach the Forex market from every angle possible. Whether you’re a wannabe trader or an experienced one, there’s something for everyone here, as trading the currency markets should be viewed as an ongoing learning process.